I've been a little busy lately... moving across the country! I had a few weeks off of work and enjoyed spending time with my sister and "my" kiddies (my sister's actually!) before I took the plunge and drove my car to Georgia. But first I snuck in a quick trip to California for a (ughhh!) singles' conference. (Whoever said marriage is hard, should try dating at 33 within the Mormon culture... ladies, CHERISH your husbands! Yeah, I know--the grass is always greener...) Pretty much it was a total bust, but that's a story for another day.
I am still settling into my uncle and aunt's guest house after a great deal of dusting, sweeping, and scrubbing. It's been uninhabited for a few years except for the bugs that made themselves at home. They're gone now, thanks to help from my mom and a lot of elbow grease. She took the time to drive all the way across the country with me. We stopped at a few fun sites on the way. I need to get the pics from her so I can post some. Anyway, the guest house is beautiful and I feel so blessed for the generosity of my family. Can I just say how much I love my family... all 200 or so of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and all of their kids and spouses?! I can honestly say there is no place in this world I could visit that would bring me the joy that spending time with my family does. I know that sounds cheesy, but it is one of the truths I have come to know in my own life... family is everything! When I realized how short my life could have been, I didn't think about all the stuff I haven't done or all the places I've never been. I thought about all the beautiful moments I would miss with those I love and all the things about each of them I would never find out.
I'll take some pictures of my new place soon and get them posted. I have a few days until I'm off to work again, and then to visit "my" kiddies. Brit has her first piano recital, Brook has a part in her kindie play, and I'm pretty sure Austin will come up with some way to make me laugh while I'm there. In the meantime, here is a picture of part of the backyard. This place is so beautiful and inspiring. And I have an extra bed in my little place if anyone wants to visit.
~Hugs, Patti
Monday, May 11, 2009
Family Is Everything
Posted by Patti at 7:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are you staying with Gary and Becky?
I do cherish my husband.... life has it's ups and downs, but I am forever grateful for him!!!!! Hope all is well!
Yes... I am staying at Gary and Becky's--in the guest house. How nice are they!?!? :)
Post a Comment