CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If You Look Good, You Feel Good

Or is it that when you feel good, you look good? Either way. As I was getting my before and after haircut pics ready to post I noticed how completely happy I am in the "after" photo. It's because I have a little secret. A secret all who know me will know that I can't keep. You see I have a terrible time keeping secrets or surprises... unless they are not mine to share. Then mum's the word. Torture couldn't get it out of me. But if it is mine to tell, you can pretty much plan on knowing it. You see, I'm much more for the anticipation of waiting to get something than springing on a surprise. (Have I explained this theory before? Sorry if this is a repeat....bruised brain syndrome kicking in--or age--one of the two.) Anyway, it's like an awesome vacation... would you rather know about it and be excited about it for 6 months or find out the day before and have "the element of surprise." So you might just know all your gifts from me before you ever get them. Then you can think about them and get excited for them for longer than a surprise lasts. Unless you think my gift sucks when I tell you about it, then it's like, "just get it over with already, Patti."

Oh, so you wanted to know my little secret. Well, I first have to explain my pictures! My hair has been driving me crazy for quite some time and the blonde highlights have all grown out so much that my gray hair was waaaay too evident against my natural, darker hair. I wanted to have my good friend Kim do my hair because she is a whiz with color. I even planned to fly on up to Michigan to have her do it. But, as it were, I could not wait until I had enough time to plan a little getaway so I had my cousin Jamie do it when I got marrooned in SLC after missing my flight due to leaving my laptop on my previous flight. Talk about a workout running from terminal B to D just in time to catch the gate agent leaving for baggage claim with my computer. Whew, close call. I was actually walking onto the jetway for Denver when I realized my mistake. And what's more, I called my Mom breathlessly en route to find my laptop to see if she could come and get me because I now had missed the last flight of the day. Just as I hung up, I saw my uncle Greg going the other direction on the moving sidewalk (moving being the operative word there, for those people who stand in the middle and don't move for those of us who are trying to move past them--oh the joys of airports.) Anyway, as we moved past each other we managed to arrange to meet so he and my aunt Freddie could give me ride home and save my mom the trip. It was fun to see and catch up with them.

So, where was I. Oh yes, so I stayed in SLC for the day and saw how cute my mom's hair was and decided to have her hairdresser, my cousin, work her magic on me. So here are the results. She is awesome, by the way if anyone wants her number. But she is having a baby in November so you may have to wait. (BTW, I couldn't get a good "before" pic so I had do a silly face to hide the bags under my eyes--it's a work side-effect. ha ha!) It's always fun to go back to the house I grew up in. There's a sort of safety or coziness sleeping in my old room. But the best part was actually having my parents sort of fight over me. I couldn't even sit down and eat some late dinner because my dad was so excited to tell me about his journalism adventures only to be interrupted by my mom wanting to show me all of her new stamps and paper. It was kind of fun. And then my mom took me out for Chinese food the next day after I got my hair done. You can tell they are empty-nesters because they never used to get that excited when I came home and they never used to buy me lunch and dinner and stuff unless it was someone's birthday. So I guess I should visit them more... which leads me to my secret.

Now that I've made it sound so exciting, it might be a let down, lol! And maybe you've guess that, drum roll, I met someone I really, really like! It was through LDS Singles though he says he will vehemently deny that's how we met. We have been texting and talking on the phone and tomorrow I am stopping in SLC for a few hours on my way to NYC so I can meet him in person. From his pictures, he seems really cute, but he could have put his brother's pictures up instead of his, lol. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. No, he is pretty candid and doesn't seem to have anything to hide. Actually, he used to be an undercover narcotics cop and did swat team (do I really know what that is, exactly?) He has a great sense of humor. He makes me laugh and smile and doesn't seem to mind that I can be pretty dorky. So I am super excited to meet him, but a little scared, too. Not just because I am nervous about a face to face meeting, but I know that I have a tendency to fall fast and hard and not come up for air for say, three or four years. And I am really not up for another heartache. So I am trying to keep perspective here. But it is so exciting and fun that I just can't stop the butterflies in my stomach. So I'll have to let you know how it goes. It might be a few days, though, because I have to work. My mom is meeting me in San Francisco on Friday and spending the day with me on my layover there... ya know, free hotel, free flights. Yeah, I'm living it up. :) Oh yeah, I'm working, right.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Not that I need to tell you that because this is a blog afterall. Or should I call it my BOG since my brain is pretty much a wet, marshy mess? Hmmmmm....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous!...I am so glad that you are enjoying your new job and taking advantage of some of the perks...Good luck with the "possible" romance. you deserve the best:-))