CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome to My World

So I have once again entered the fabulous world of online dating. I am just starting to email and get to know some really cool guys that I hope I will meet soon. However, I just have to share the most recent exchange from a man who is 57, divorced, and has 3 kids at home. I have blocked his name in case you know him or he is your dad:
**********************************
From: Cxxxx
Subject: not pretending
Hi Roma, Me either... let's do dinner sometime. Catch ya, cxxxx

My reply:
This email didn't make it to Roma. Try again or you'll be wondering why she didn't respond to your dinner invite. :) Best wishes, Patti

From: Cxxxx
Subject: RE: RomanticComedy or Patti?
Hi Roma or Patti? Totally don't know how to handle this one! Hoping to hear from you, whomever you are, Cxxxx

My second reply:
Cxxxx, Beyond calling me Roma, I thought for sure your email was a mistake because of your age. I may not be 20, but you are 25 years my senior... my mother's age. Perhaps you have been lucky with girls my age in the past, but I am not interested in someone who has already been married, raised a family, and who could have raised me. Sorry.
I used to work for a dating service where men would always ask to be set up with women 20-30 years younger than them. However, there were never enough (if any) ladies who wanted to date a man that much older than them. I don't want to sound rude, especially given that this could be a misunderstanding, but having realistic expectations makes for a more successful dating experience. Good luck in your search. ~Patti

From: Cxxxx
Subject: RE: your wishing me good luck

Hi Patti, Not interested would have sufficed, but thank for the caring words. I've enjoyed dating both younger and older women, but obviously am still single. I guess as you are enjoying dating and have enjoyed good fortune with guys over six foot. Agreed, your age was pushing the envelope, mainly because of your not having been married and even more so, not having kids (which I'm sure you still want, and my not wanting more but glad to step parent though at least out of diapers. Anyway, no it was no misunderstanding... I'd have loved to get to know you. So, you're mother or any aunts (that are as cute as you, you know, in their own right)? Whereas you may not want to go under six feet, I don't mind whether there's an age difference or not... I'm just interested in clicking... and if that's there, seeing if it's enough to make arbitrary boundaries of age and height not seem so important anymore. So as not to sound hypocritical, I've been engaged to someone both as old as me and 20 years younger. Of course neither worked out... I don't think in either case because of age. As far as realistic expectation, my only absolute prerequisite is that there's a mutual attraction and clicking. If there is I might even be willing to change diapers again (which I was doing in the one situation). Again, 25 years was a leap... but I think your attractive enough that I was glad to take the risk of getting chewed out... A quality many women find a lot of guys on this site to be lacking. Look forward to hearing from you as always... especially know that I know I'm writing one person, not worrying that it might go to someone else. Catch ya, Cxxxx
************************


Are you kidding me?!?! Thank goodness that the delete button is much easier than trying to get out of an uncomfortable date or unwanted advance. And thank goodness I didn't write what I really thought... "You are a sick, dirty old man." I think he might be saying that I'm a hypocrite because I am only attracted to guys taller than me. But who wants to feel huge? In all fairness, I guess dating an older guy would, at the very least, have the advantage of making you feel young, right?! Even though he only requested to meet my mother or aunts, I'm tempted to introduce him to my adorable grandmothers who are both around 80 because, heh, they just might "click." :)

All I can say is, "Welcome to my world!" ~p

0 comments: