CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And EVEN MORE Random Things About Me

As I've been looking over my blog, I've realized how much I've changed. (I know, I mentioned that already.) One of my major changes is that I now live in Atlanta. In fact, my entire family is spread all over the country--and world--now. My parents are missionaries in the Philippines, my older brother is taking care of their house in SLC, my younger brother moved to L.A. and my sister is happily still in Colorado. But it's not just my location that has changed.... that's just the beginning.
For starters, some of the Random Things I wrote before are now outdated. (See also Even More Random Things.) So for today, I'll start with the important stuff by amending the "Random List." Zach and Cody from The Suite Life grew up as did Hannah Montana. (Addendum to #54) It's all about iCarly now. In fact, I spent last weekend having a "sleepover" in my hotel with my favorite kids in the whole wide world (that would be my two nieces and my nephew) and we had an iCarly marathon. Aunt Patti is a little out of practice since she failed to notice beforehand that all the movies she brought to watch were PG-13, so we watched TV instead. My, how I laughed. That show is really funny! Seriously.

But I still never watch TV in my hotel room when I'm by myself. (See #48) I think that's about the fourth time ever since I started flying four years ago. I don't even watch TV at home. My TV is so old school that not only is it huge (with the big ol' part that juts out the back) but it actually has a built-in VCR. Seriously.

(Addendum to #7) I moved to Atlanta last year and decided I am not moving again unless I am in a box. They would only let me sign an 18-month lease, though. I'll be resigning it in about nine months which will probably be about the time I finally finish painting and unpacking. (Cut me some slack, here. It's just me doing all of the painting, unpacking and decorating and I'm gone about 4-5 days out of 7.) But how I loooove having my very own apartment with all of my things, most of which had been in storage for over seven years. (It's better than Christmas opening all of these boxes that haven't seen the light of day for years. I ended up with 4 hairdryers and 3 irons!) That would explain the old TV, right? The funniest part about all that is when I pulled the bunny ears out to set up on top of the TV. I was informed by my friend that everything is digital now so bunny ears are extinct. I suggested donating them to Goodwill but he reminded me that EVERYTHING is digital, so pretty much I could just ship them off to a third world country. Seriously.

I'll dedicate a whole blog someday to my moving experiences, but I have to say how much I still love road trips. (Addendum to #18) So much so that I drove from Denver to Atlanta all by myself and loved it. 24 hours of driving!! I got a book on CD (The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown) and drove straight through to Memphis (about 18 hours). I would have driven all the way to Atlanta but I was talked into stopping at a hotel for some sleep (and my own personal safety) by a good friend who even went so far as to look up a hotel with a good price in a safe area. With a book on CD, I still think a passenger is almost an annoyance. Seriously (... even I get annoyed sometimes by people who talk too much.)

(Addendum to #19) I'm totally cool with texting now. (Because before I said I hated it. I'm just a little slow to come around to all this newfangled technology.)

(Addendum to #23) I went to England and visited the Tower of London where I learned all about the Kings and Queens of England. I realized that King John couldn't be my eighth great-grandfather based on eight generations only being 250-ish years and he reined around 1200. I know my Grandpa mentioned something about some king, but apparently I need to dig around my family tree a little better. I know I'm related to one of them, but who and how is going to take some research. I'll get back to you on this one.
(New One!!) 55. Speaking of London... hands down, my most "favoritest" city EVER! I love reading historical fiction and most of it is about Regency England or the Scottish Highlands, but usually London is always in there somewhere. Such an amazing and historic city!!

(Addendum to #26) Haven't had a dream about "that one" ex in almost two years. I guess I'm finally over him. Either that or I just don't remember as many of my dreams as I used to.

(Addendum to #43) I let my membership in the Baseball Hall of Fame expire. I was sad to let it go, but I never have time anymore to keep up with sports. Either that or I'm in the wrong part of the country to view the games I want to see. (Refer to previous addendums regarding my TV-watching habits.)

(Addendum to #50) I have been to two more continents: the Middle East and Africa (in addition to the three I mentioned before which were Europe, Asia and South America.) I went to Israel last Summer and I've been to Ghana, Africa several times in the past two years.

(Addendum to #52) I might not be blonde-ish much longer. I'm seriously toying with the idea of going dark. What do you think? (Compliments of In Style magazine's Hollywood Makeover Tool which is super fun to play with, by the way.)

Now that I've amended my original list, maybe I'll come up with some new ones. Another time. It's late! (Yep, still a night owl, #21.)

P.S. Welcome back! :)

2 comments:

Opp Family said...

Patti, I love you! We so need to get together again. What's your schedule like these days?

Ryan and Andrea said...

Yeah, not liking the brown hair so much, but love the revival of the blog-FINALLY!