CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

No News is Not Always Good News

So here's how last week went for me...

Sunday: broke up with Ryan
Monday: stayed in bed all day and didn't talk to anyone
Tuesday: had a breast biopsy
Wednesday: stayed in bed all day and didn't talk to anyone--this time with an ice pack attached to my breast
Thursday: left for work and didn't sleep all night due to a raging toothache which I couldn't take pain meds for because I was still "post-op"
Friday: called the dentist whose office was closed
Saturday: stayed in bed all day drugged up on Valium and pain meds (that I could finally take)

Here's how this week went for me:

Sunday: worked
Monday: worked
Tuesday: worked
Wednesday: went to the dentist, twice, and did laundry
Thursday: worked
Friday (today): slept in until 1pm and updated my blog

I know everyone wants details about my breakup but I'm having a really hard time with it. I'm sad, frustrated, angry, hurt, confused, and about every other emotion. Although I'm not usually short on words, all I can say is that despite everything he said to me, Ryan is emotionally unavailable like every other guy I've ever dated. He is not over his divorce, or his ex-wife for that matter... it has been almost a year and a half. He knows it's messed up that he can't move on, especially with someone he has the utmost respect for--which is why he feels I deserve better than someone who can't give me his whole heart. He needs therapy, and now so do I. But really, I would just like to get a puppy. And get rid of my breasts. I have no husband to enjoy them, no babies who need them, and not only are they so small that the doc could hardly get enough tissue to properly sample, but they are so problem-laden that I would like to just do without them. (A puppy doesn't care if you have breasts or not.) I do not have breast cancer, just worrisome calcium deposits and fluid-filled cysts. Problematic enough, however, that I am now required to get annual mammograms. And because I have never "used" my breasts, they are not elastic and therefore require so much pulling, tugging, and squeezing to get a proper mammogram that I will have to take a Valium next time so I don't get queasy and lightheaded like I did the first time. I guess at least they will get some "use."

Good times. THIS is why I haven't updated my blog...

I try to live by the creed, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," -Thumper. But the first thing my cousin asked me after getting the scoop on Ryan is, "What are you going to put on your blog?" I didn't want to put anything. But I felt I must put something so everyone wouldn't go on being falsely elated for me. I do not, however, want sympathy. It doesn't help and it makes me feel patronized. It will all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it isn't the end. Life goes on. It always does.

8 comments:

Em-Cat said...

Wow - bummer Patti. I really regret the last comment I put on your previous post. You're right - everything will work out in the end. I don't blame you for not posting and not wanting any sympathy for that matter. You deserve the best and should hold out for it. Maybe you should get a puppy and not worry about it. Once you feel comfortable on your own, your life will seem so much better and have much more meaning. I love you friend. Please call if you ever want to chat.

and P.S. I'll pray for you that everything with your breast exams go well.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

okay, no sympathy. one day you'll look back at that blog and it will make you laugh instead of cry. one day...

Shana said...

Thank goodness for trials, right? Maybe not right now, but you will see how truly blessed you are because of your stinkin' trials. Heavenly Father loves you, as we do here in the Bow house. XOXO

Connie said...

Sorry that you didn't get big breast when they were handing them out . . . you take after your mom! You made me laugh . . .
Love you!!

Opp Family said...

I'm rooting for you and hope life takes a turn quickly. CALL ME! I'll get a babysitter and we can have a nice girls night out. I'll only be in Atlanta for another 2 weeks and then back up to Maine.

The Fox Family said...

I really like that saying: it will all be ok in the end, if it's not Ok then it is not the end. Hang in there Patti!

Amanda said...

Patti and I think you are so cute! I am sorry about the break-up. I wish you all the best...because you deserve the best.
Ahh a puppy sounds like a great idea :)

Trace said...

Let's start a movement and remove our breast together. They are nothing but trouble as far as I am concerned. Because of my family history I have to get a mammogram this year and I have heard nothing but horror stories in their regard.
I am sorry you are feeling sad, but happy you got rid of someone who can't be there for you. As soon as polygamy comes back in good standing you can join team Bollinger. ;)