I'm a firm believer in Ecclesiastes 3:1-15... There is a time and season for everything. For me, I have to take the time to "mourn" a loss so I can be able to feel joy again. I have to really feel my emotions so I can purge them and move on. It doesn't usually take me too long but it always involves a process that includes soul searching and redefining my life. I tend to find a lot of inspiration in music. Somehow lyrics seem to help me understand what I am feeling and remind me to be strong and hang in there. These are the lyrics for the song that has inspired me most at this time... (excuse the grammar, that's how it is written, lol.)
Out of Reach (song from Bridget Jones' Diary)
Knew the signs Wasn't right. I was stupid for a while. Swept away by you. And now I feel like a fool. So confused, My hearts bruised. Was I ever loved by you?
CHORUS: Out of reach, so far, I never had your heart. Out of reach, Couldn't see, We were never meant to be.
Catch myself From despair. I could drown If i stay here. Keeping busy everyday, I know I will be OK. But I was So confused, My hearts bruised. Was I ever loved by you?
Out of reach, so far, I never had your heart. Out of reach, Couldn't see, We were never meant to be.
So much hurt, So much pain. Takes a while to regain What is lost, inside. And I hope that in time you'll be out of my mind and I'll be over you. But now I'm So confused, My hearts bruised. Was I ever loved by you? Out of reach, So far, I never had your heart. Out of reach, Couldn't see, We were never Meant to be. Out of reach,So far, you never gave your heart.
In my reach, I can see, There's a life out there For me.
The inspiring part of this song was that "in my reach there's a life out there for me." The next song on my CD is Whitney Houston's One Moment in Time. I highlighted the parts that spoke to me:
Each day I live I want to be a day to give the best of me. I'm only one, but not alone. My finest day is yet unknown. I broke my heart for every gain, To taste the sweet, I faced the pain. I rise and fall, Yet through it all this much remains; I want one moment in time, When I'm more than I thought I could be; When all of my dreams Are a heart beat away And the answers are all up to me. Give me one moment in time When I'm racing with destiny. Then in that one moment of time I will feel, I will feel eternity.
I've lived to be the very best. I want it all, **no time for less.** I've laid the plans, Now lay the chance here in my hands. Give me one moment in time When I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams Are a heart beat away And the answers are all up to m. Give me one moment in time When I'm racing with destiny. Then in that one moment of time I will feel, I will feel eternity.
You're a winner for a lifetime If you seize that one moment in time. Make it shine. Give me one moment in time When I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams Are a heart beat away And the answers are all up to me. Give me one moment in time When I'm racing with destiny. Then in that one moment of time I will be, I will be, I will be free. I will be, I will be free.
As I go through this process of healing and re-definement, I have realized that there really is still so much within my reach. I just need to "lay the plans" and realize that the strength I have gained through every heartache will carry me to a place where I will truly "be free" and happy. My next step is "The List." Regardless of what happens to me in the future, I am determined to come up with a list of things, completely within my control, that I can and will accomplish within the next five years. I am still formulating this list so stay tuned! :)
Thank you for all of your love, concern and support. It really means the world to me.
Monday, September 14, 2009
In My Reach
Posted by Patti at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love you Patti! Beautiful songs.
Post a Comment