CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on My Lost Wallet (and Mind)

My friend Sarah, who by the way is one of the coolest girls I have ever met, lives in Atlanta. She is also a flight attendant and kindly offered to pick up my wallet and bring it to me in NYC so I don't have to go to Atlanta. I am soooooo grateful. Seriously she saved me a lot of time and headache. Now, I just have to hope my replacement credit/debit cards come in the mail tomorrow before I leave to go back to NYC or I am screwed for the next week. Sigh. It really sucks being so retarded.

I've had some R&R over the weekend but my voice is still gone. My poor mom just found out she has pneumonia and thinks I might also. She has been home from work for a week and can't go back for another week. My mom never misses work for being sick, at least not more than a day. She's pretty tough but this has really kicked her butt. On the other hand, although I cannot talk and often can't breathe since last week (and most of December except for those few days I wasn't sick around New Year's), I am not able to miss any more work. What, with falling down the stairs in October (jacked up my shoulder and had to keep it in a sling for two weeks) and a bout of bronchitis in December, I will actually get written up or fired if I miss another day of work. Is that fair or even legal? Unfortunately, yes. I looked it up. It would be on the basis of not complying with the attendance policy. I guess they can't hold up a plane full of people for my sick, sorry hiney. So off to work I go.

R to L: Sarah, Breann, Steph and Me arriving in New Orleans. This was my second trip with Sarah and we have such a fab time together... laughing and laughing and trading boy stories like we're 14 again. I can honestly say this was the coolest crew I have ever worked with. I knew Steph before this trip, too, but it was our first trip together. And Breann was just the cherry on top of this rockin' awesome crew that I worked with for three days. I hesitated to post this picture because I look so haggard, but mind you, I had worked four flight legs that day. And my collar is messed up. That really, really bugs me. I seriously make everyone wait after the security check when I put my jacket back on because I have to make sure my collar is just right. Anyway, it's messed up here and I'm bugged; but I had to show you my heroine, Sarah! And all she said to me was, "Silly Patti." (Because she knows that I already know that I am a certifiable ditz.)

P.S. Did I mention, Sarah, that you are seriously so cool? I'm totally jazzed about Hawaii and Italy this Spring. Remember the fortune (in said lost wallet) that our plans will work out? I soOo owe you. Thanks! You rock. You're a great friend!

1 comments:

kateworthi said...

Sorry you're sick - hope you have a quick recovery. Oh, and regarding my comment on the post before, I guess it's not ACTUAL Prostitution if no one's PAYing for the sex. But it seems just as bad doesn't it????