CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 17, 2010

Revival of the Blog

It's coming soon... I promise!

It's just that sometimes you get so busy living your life, you can't find time to write about it, let alone even think about or process it. Even worse--sometimes it just sucks so bad you don't want to write about it, let alone even remember it. And then, there are always those times when you think, "Why on earth would anyone want to read this stuff anyway?" But the biggest contributor would have to be Facebook where you can get away with some short, meaningless and cryptic blurb about your life that 300 sort-of friends may or may not read. And so you throw that out to the universe and call it good with no consideration for those who are willing to dig a little deeper into your life... the people who are really interested and really care. Because here at The Blog, this is where the juicy details should be for my nearest and dearest.

But as therapeutic as it is to click-clack my thoughts onto a computer, the blog sits silently waiting. It calls out, beckoning me to tap out something brilliant which just doesn't come. The clarity I need in my life comes from "trying on" my thoughts and emotions through writing; Yet I cannot think clearly enough to articulate my thoughts into words (coherent and sharable words, that is) and so the vicious cycle continues.

The good news is that I'm breaking out of it slowly. I can feel it. The tide is turning. When it comes to writing...
Patti is getting her groove back!
And you won't be disappointed by the ride.

Just give me a little more time to work out this drama called my life and I'll get back to you. :)

P.S. Here's a shout out and a welcome to any new readers... you know who you are. Thank you for your encouragement! It really means a lot.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Well I'm excited to hear about all your adventures!

...You May Say I'm A Dreamer said...

I too went through a slump where I jusst couldn't get it together enough to post anything about anything. But, I am back too and I am glad that I made the jump back into the Blogosphere...it's therapeutic for me and I hope that someone else out there can gain a little something from what I post.

So glad you're back! I look forward to reading your amazing posts (you're SO great with words...you inspire me!)

~Mary

Patti said...

Sorry guys... I guess I needed more time than I thought to work some things out. ;)