So Richard Simmons and I are good buds now. Hahahaha. But he did give me lots of much-needed kisses... just on the cheeks. (It's been a few weeks since I had lovin' on any level... sigh!) And I didn't even have to "sweat to the oldies"!
He was on one of my recent flights from NYC to LA and I just have to say that he is one of the nicest, funniest, and warmest people I have met. He is currently working as the spokesperson for Ocean Spray and spent Thanksgiving at Macy's in New York promoting cranberries and was on his way home the next day. When he got on board he immediately hugged and kissed the cheeks of the flight attendants at the boarding door.
When I found out I was a little jealous. So he gave me a hug and lots of little cheek kisses and then sat and talked with us for a good half of an hour. He talked about how is trying to get P.E. back into the schools and encourage kids to exercise more. He is really a great guy and was more than happy to let me take a picture "for my mom" because she used to do his "Sweatin' to the Oldies" videos in the 80's when I was kid.
I don't see too many celebrities on my flights so I
thought it was kind of fun. I did see Brenda Strong at JFK once. (Not my pic, but she was dressed similarly.) She is the lady who plays Mary Alice (the dead neighbor) on Desperate Housewives. She came up and asked me for directions. Unfortunately, I was brand new and wasn't much help as I was lost in that maze-of-an-airport, too. I have since figured out my way around, but haven't had the chance to give any celebrities directions.
I once saw Diane Lane, her husband Josh Brolin, and their
daughters at a restaurant in Santa Monica. (Again, not my pic but similar to how they looked when I saw them.) That's my most famous celebrity sighting if you don't count that I was an extra in a movie with Brooke Shields and some other famous people whose names I can't recall. (One was a guy from that show, Simon and Simon... yeah, I'm old!) I also had some famous German talk show host on my flight from Frankfurt, but since I had no idea who she was, it doesn't really count. I think I saw some local Utah newscaster on a flight to SLC once, but I couldn't remember his name--so I guess he's not that famous, lol. That's about it for my celebrity sightings.
Please share who your most famous celebrity sighting is (besides a concert, lol). If I see anyone else of note, I'll let you know!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Confessions of a Sky Princess: **Celebrity Sighting!**
Posted by Patti at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is soooooo exciting! I love celebrity sightings and love to hear if they are similar to how I would perceive them to be. I'm so glad to hear Richard Simmons is just as nice as I would imagine hime to be. I ran into Chevy Chase at La Guardia back in March or April and I made a complete FOOL out of myself - I wrote about it in my blog post to New York in case you were curious :) Here's hoping you have more sightings in the future!
Hi Patty! I had no idea you had a blog! I loved reading up on how your doing, and I hope you don't mind me checking back often!
Congrats on your job! It looks like you have a lot of fun and craziness!
love, your cousin Ashley
Richard Simmons?! That's awesome. I always wondered what he was like in person, if he was as eccentric and flambouyant as he is on TV. My friend Rustin is a flight attendant and he LOVES it.
Glad to hear from ya!
When I first started flying, I started a log of all of the celebrities I had onboard. It's kinda fun because now I can look back and I had totally forgotten some of them. The nicest person was Alice Cooper!The nastiest was Whitney Houston. Have you done a charter flight yet?
I love celebrity sightings. FUN FUN!!!! I didn't even recognize Richard Simmons. He's getting old. He looks BAD! But you look hot!
Hey Patti, Did Richard wear his stars and strips tank top and short shorts? ha ha,, fun fun ....
Wow, Richard Simmons is AWESOME!! I met Montel Williams when we did some work on him at the surgical center. Very nice, but kind of conceited. Also met Steve Young at Denny's on 106th S & I-15 after a Jazz game. Best dinner of my life!! I met Patrick Muldoon at Smith's on 13th & Sego Lily. He used to be on Days of Our Lives. Ryan & I met Caroline Rea at the 2002 Olympics.
Wow, I guess I didn't realize how many people I've actually met! You should totally keep a log of those sightings!
I heart Richard Simmons!
Post a Comment