My dad is getting older ...62 today! One of my favorite things about my Dad is when he plays oldies on his guitar and sings along. It's not that he has the greatest voice (though not at all bad), it's how happy it makes
him and how it reminds me of all the "oldies" that my parents loved and listened to, and so I grew up with, from the 60's--yes, they were oldies when I first heard them. (Geeesh, I'm not THAT old!) I especially love the Beatles. I told him once (as a young lady in my 20's) that I would like him to sing When I'm 64 ("Will ya still need me, will ya still feed me, when I'm 64?") at my wedding. You see, we girls plan these things from the time we can pretend to walk down an aisle with a towel for a veil. It is probably my favorite song that he sings and it's so cute about growing old with someone you love. I think he joked at the time (7-8 years ago) that he would be 64 by the time I got married. It was pretty funny back then, but not so much anymore. :) At the rate I'm going, I'll be 64 when I get married. It's weird to think that I'm halfway there.
But lest I divert you too much from the man of honor (perhaps I should change my blog name to "Diversions" or "Stream of Consciousness"), I must wish him a very happy birthday with many healthy years ahead. I would like to wish him more grand kids, but I'm not so much at liberty to help out in that area. But Dad, you are the cutest grandpa... who would've guessed? I also want to congratulate you on reaching so many of your goals and for finally following and reaching your dream to be a writer. And to toot his horn a bit, he is writing a story on our recent trip to Bermuda for the Deseret News travel section. I can't wait to read it. And Dad, I hope being the star of my blog today will encourage you to start your own. Finally, all the teasing aside, I'm starting to realize just how much like you I am... analytical, a thinker, a writer, and for sure a talker! And you have always made known your love and loyalty to the Lord and have encouraged us to do the same. I love you, Dad. Happy Birthday.
"Do not merely exist, but live." -unknown
5 comments:
What a sweet daughter you are!!! I LOVE the blog. How did you get the background SO cute??? Leave it to you girl. Love the pics from the cruise. I wish I could have gone. I am going to put you on my friend's links if that's alright! I love you Patti, and miss you :)
Thanks Risa! I don't mind being linked, but I appreciate you asking. I know not everyone likes that. The background was a cinch...just click the link on the top of the page.
I am so happy that you have a blog!! It is fun to say connected. Love the pictures of our trip. I am jealous!!!!
Hey Patti, Welcome to the blogging world. Im happy to add you to my blog list. I do have my blog blocked to strangers haha ( hopefully) but you can access it through my kids if you have theres.
I know your dad must appreciate the kind words from you. And I totaly agree. He is quite a guy. I have always enjoyed his company when he is around and most of all to go on a trip with. He is a good guy!
HI patti,
i was glad to get your blog. It will be fun to watch all your adventures!
Sadie
Post a Comment