So I feel like I need to keep my blog updated but since my life hasn't really updated since last week, I feel like it's a bit contrived. But I'm determined to keep at this. So what's on my mind this week? Well besides discovering a fabulous steak marinade in my quest for culinary excellence, I'm thinking about everything I have to do before my cruise. I have to deal with getting my back bumper fixed (from accident #2) and feeling like I should fix the front bumper (from accident #3) at the same time. But since #3 was a "hit-and-run" (in the church parking lot of all places), I'd have to fork up the dough myself. Furthermore, I'm starting to pre-mourn the loss
of my car since I will likely have to sell it when I move to NYC.
Although I've only owned this car for six months (due to accident #1), I feel like we have a history and it literally got me back on the road again. I cried while searching for a new car. Seriously. Not to sound dramatic, but it was a bit traumatic realizing that whatever car I bought would determine whether I live or die in another accident. (For those of you just joining my blog-life, I was hit by a seriously drunk driver last summer--but I'll save that story for another day. BTW, the other two accidents were not my fault either.) So all this drama only to have to sell this car less than a year after buying it. But perhaps it's for the best that I let my car go to an owner who doesn't have a target on them and succumb to subway and airplane life.
Moral of this story: I should have just moved sooner to New York--a.k.a. land of pedestrians and zero tolerance for DUI's. But despite all the trouble, I'm just glad I lived to buy and enjoy my beloved mom-mobile, even if just for a short while. :) Did I mention the heated leather seats, 5-star safety rating, 6-CD changer, remote start, DVD player, 2 sunroofs...........and how am I going to haul my goods from Target and Ikea without the fold-down seats?!?!.........This is going to be harder than I thought....
Monday, March 24, 2008
On my mind...
Posted by Patti at 11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Patti! Hello friend!
I can tell you...schlepping stuff around on subways isn't all that bad. You'll get used to it!
You'll have to let me know when you're moving out here and where you'll be living! We'll meet up and I'll show you the ropes ;-)
Post a Comment